Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin)
What is it?
Vitamin B2 is water-soluble, which means that it is soluble in water. It has an essential role in the body, which explains why this vitamin must necessarily be provided by the diet.
What are the health benefits?
- Contributes to a good energy metabolism
- Contributes to the maintenance of normal red blood cells
- Protection of cells against oxidative stress
- Reduces fatigue
- Contributes to a normal functioning of the nervous system
In which foods?
– Veal liver (1,72 mg/100g)
– Offal (1,34 mg/100g)
– Milk (0,17 mg/100g)
– Oyster (0,15 mg/100g)
Things to know!
For diets rich in lipids and in case of increased cellular energy demand, the needs in vitamin B2 are important. Indeed, this vitamin allows enzymes (small workers of the body) to carry out the catabolism of fatty acids, i.e., their degradation.