What is it?
Iodine is an essential mineral for the synthesis of thyroid hormones. The latter are essential for growth, cell differentiation (nervous system, skeleton), but also for the regulation of metabolism.
What are the health benefits?
- Contributes to normal cognitive function
- Contributes to normal energy metabolism
- Contributes to normal nervous system function
- Contributes to the maintenance of normal skin
In which foods?
– Atlantic wakame (34600 µg/100g)
– Nori (5100 µg/100g)
– Cooked mussel (106 µg/100g)
– Anchovy (55 µg/100g)
Things to know!
In the case of iodine deficiency, a goiter may form. This is an enlargement of the thyroid gland and is manifested by an increase in the size of the neck.