What is it?
Calcium is the most abundant mineral in the body, especially in the skeleton. This mineral is essential for the establishment of the skeleton, as well as for its mineralization.
What are the health benefits?
- Contributes to normal blood coagulation
- Contributes to normal muscle function
- Necessary for the maintenance of normal bones and teeth
In which foods?
– Gruyère cheese (1090 mg/100g)
– Dry goat cheese (895 mg/100g)
– Cow’s milk (120 mg/100g)
Things to know!
Milk and dairy products are the sources of calcium best assimilated by the body. However, even in this case, intestinal absorption does not exceed 40 to 50%.
It is therefore important to work on synergies. For example, vitamin D allows a better absorption of calcium. It should also be noted that problems with the absorption or fixation of calcium in the bones can lead to problems such as osteoporosis and increase the risk of fractures.